This week learn how to earn a Featured Snippet on Google SERPs, boost conversion optimization, and 4 common influencer marketing mistakes.
How can you crush digital marketing this year? With strategies ranging from writing 300 articles in a year to building links without creating any content at all, we have a roundup of expert strategies to get you where you want to go.
- Earning a Featured Snippet on Google can be even better than placing a pay-per-click ad atop the search results. A.J. Ghergich (@SEO), in partnership with SEMrush (@semrush), analyzed 1.4 million Featured Snippets to give you the scoop on how it’s done.
- Even businesses that don’t have limited time and a nonexistent budget for content creation can win at link building. Andrew Dennis (@AndrewDennis33) explains five ways to build links without creating content.
- Learn about five link-building lessons from top link bait from Brian Honigman (@brianhonigman) for Digital Current (@digitalcurrent).
- Google applied for a new patent that could have big ramifications for SEO. Dave Davies (@beanstalkim) breaks down the patent application, which will tell you 1) how Google sees entities and 2) how this could change the way you structure your content.
- Is your local search strategy geared toward voice search? Get Sherry Bonelli’s (@sherrybonelli) take on how customers’ growing reliance on voice search could affect local SEO in 2017.
- RP Singh (@brandrp) says that after people see your mobile content, you get only three to five seconds to hold their attention. Read his short guide to creating thumb stopper content for mobile devices.
- Storytelling, instead of just displaying your products and describing them, can draw in more customers and increase their perception of your value. Check out this infographic, broken down by Emma Bazilian (@adweekemma), which shows how storytelling helps brands sell more.
- No time for content marketing? Au contraire, says Sujan Patel (@sujanpatel). In fact, he says you can create 300 high-quality articles this year, just following his simple strategy.
- Attention startups: How does content creation affect your funding? Paul O’Brien (@seobrien) says businesses have two missions, which are creating customers and innovating, and explains how creating content takes startups where they want to go.
- Email marketing still boasts the highest ROI. Rikke Thomsen (@rikkethomsen91) over at Sleeknote (@sleeknotecom) has 101 proven ways to rapidly grow your email subscriber list.
- These 16 A/B test ideas backed by UX research, compiled by Ben Labay (@BenJLabay), will help you boost sales and traffic for your e-commerce sites.
- All conversion is psychological, says Bill Widmer (@TheBillWidmer). Use his 21 persuasion techniques for conversion optimization to create visual conversations that earn the sale.
- According to Nikki Gilliland (@Nikki_Gilliland), businesses make four common mistakes with influencer marketing — make sure you’re not making one of them.
- Maria Sipka (@mariasipka) has five predictions for influencer marketing in 2017.
- Who says social media is a popularity contest? Check out Neil Patel’s (@neilpatel) recommendations for how even less popular brands can generate up to 75 percent more social media traffic.
- Still feeling goal oriented after the turn of the year? Here are nine social media goals you can set for your business this year, courtesy of Alfred Lua (@alfred_lua).
A Peek Into the Future
- What if you could do influencer marketing — using chatbots that sound like your favorite influencers? Rebecca Stewart (@bereccastewart) explains how brands may soon use chatbots to get more from influencer marketing.
Subscribe to the Digital Current monthly newsletter to get our top blog posts delivered to your inbox. As always, check back with the Digital Current blog to get the latest digital marketing news.