This week learn about the end of Google Site Search, voice search trends, the potential future of marketing, and more.
Voice, mobile, and user experience are becoming bigger priorities in modern digital marketing. This week, we keep one foot in the present while reaching for the future of SEO, content marketing, social media marketing, and more.
- If you use Google as your internal Site Search engine, you need to find a new option by the end of the year. Barry Schwartz (@rustybrick) says Google will sunset Google Site Search and help customers to transition out.
- With user signals becoming a more important component of search rankings, UX may be the future of SEO. David Freeman (@davefreeman) argues it should be part of any SEO solutions
- Are you prepared for the world of voice search and “near me” mobile search? Five local SEO experts weigh in on these trends and more, via Hardik Oza (@Ozaemotion).
- Is volume data the right thing to look at when you’re targeting hyperlocal keywords? Rand Fishkin (@randfish) has some proven tips for getting local pages in front of the right people.
- Kerry Jones (@snarkandpepper) discusses how to create content that keeps earning links long after you’ve stopped promoting it.
- Thinking of adding video blogging to your content strategy? Michael Stelzner (@Mike_Stelzner) and Amy Schmittauer (@Schmittastic) explain how to create consistent YouTube content.
- Considering content curation? Neil Schaffer (@NealSchaffer) for Digital Current (@digitalcurrent) explains the top 10 best practices you should be following to ensure success.
- There’s a big missed opportunity in content marketing, and it’s the chance to have conversations with your audience. Ben Judah (@benjudah) tells you how.
Conversion Rate Optimization
- Is site search an unsung hero in getting conversions? Rachel Schultz (@Coveo) explains how to make site search part of your marketing strategy.
- Find out how Urban Outfitters used contextualized in-app messaging to increase mobile conversions. Story by Stephanie Miles (@STMiles).
- Need to inject life into your underperforming website? These eight website updates for increasing conversions, courtesy of Jackie Van Meter (@kuno), are a good place to start.
- Pairing the right influencer with the right social network is like pairing a fine wine with the right meal. Learn which social networks you should be using for influencer marketing, via Corbett Drummey (@corbettdrummey).
- If you work in the food and beverage industry, don’t miss these 13 ways to work with food influencers, courtesy of Teagan West (@TeaganWest).
- Online retailers need to be working with influencers on Instagram. Discover some examples from top brands, provided by Rebecca Lawson (@Visualsoft).
Social Media Marketing
- Dave Burnett (@davecatchinfire) says you should stop selling on social media and focus on using social for 1) initial customer awareness and 2) staying in touch with existing customers.
- Most social listening tools are based on sifting through text. Mindi Chahal (@MindiChahal) asks if you’re ready for the era of visual listening — understanding what your audience is saying in the images, GIFs, and emojis they share.
The Marketer of the Future
- How should digital marketers prepare for the future of marketing in a connected world? Clint Poole (@clpB2B) shares three future realities he thinks marketers should prepare for today.
Subscribe to the Digital Current newsletter today to get our best blogs sent right to your inbox. Check back with our blog every other week for more digital marketing news.