This week in digital marketing, learn about the potential direction of the SEO industry, how to create viral content, and the upcoming SEO movie.
The launch of influencer marketing analytics, a new report on social media in 2017, and more — get the scoop on what’s new in digital marketing from our Digital Weekly roundup.
- To see where the SEO industry is headed, you need to know what Google plans to do next. Jim Yu (@jimyu) takes out his crystal ball and outlines five SEO and content shifts that are on the horizon.
- Some “talk” and others “do.” Do you agree with Corey Northcutt (@corey_northcutt) that there are two separate SEO industries?
- Article and guest blog campaigns can be great for boosting off-page SEO rankings factors, but they can also get you in trouble. Google’s Webspam Team (@GoogleWebspam) explains how to use links in large-scale article campaigns without getting hit by penalties.
- Sometimes, we get stuck in old ways of thinking about SEO. Search Engine Land (@sengineland) has released a new update to its Periodic Table of SEO Success Factors. This resource can help you keep up as search changes, especially now that we’ve entered the mobile and semantic era.
- A website with a poor user experience is sure to deter conversions. Here are eight ways from Jonathan Long (@long) to ensure your visitors have a pleasant time.
- Is there too much brand in your branded content? Molly DeWolf Swenson (@mollydewolf) thinks so, and she thinks it’s time for you to put storytelling into the driver’s seat instead.
- Ready to crank out some viral content? Influencer Julius Dein (@JuliusDein) spills his secrets to Jules Schroeder (@julesschroeder7).
- What do customers want most from your brand and your content? The answers may surprise you. Check out these insights from Brian Millar (@arthurascii).
- Use these eight lead-generating ideas from the experts and curated by Rebekah Radice (@RebekahRadice) to improve your struggling content marketing strategy.
- Get fresh insights on content marketing by following these 20 content marketing leaders. See Itai Elizur’s (@ItaiElizur) master list.
- Two companies are working on ways to provide influencer marketing analytics. Do you need to prove that your influencers are worth what you pay them — or do you need to get over your ROI phobia? Shareen Pathak (@shareenpathak) has more.
- Discover how luxury brands are finding success with influencer marketing, courtesy of Sami Main (@samimain).
Social Media Marketing
- Visual content is more important in social media posts than ever before — and marketers have a hard time creating effective visuals. These insights and more from Michelle Krasniak (@Mishikraz).
- Go find former customers on Facebook and win them back. Karola Karlson (@KarolaKarlson) has six Facebook remarketing tactics you can use today.
- Social media has become an important avenue to generate leads for businesses. Sam Hurley (@Sam___Hurley) outlines the seven core principles to follow when using social media to attract leads.
- This fourth post in a four-part series by Kent Huffman (@KentHuffman) discusses how to ensure value in your social marketing and, more importantly, how to use it for listening to your customers.
- Social Media Examiner has put out its 2017 Social Media Marketing Industry Report. Michael Stelzner (@Mike_Stelzner) has posted a four-minute video overview to get you up to speed.
- Want to see your SEO agency dramatized on the big screen? Check out “SEO: the Movie” this summer, a documentary featuring interviews with pioneers like Danny Sullivan (@dannysullivan), Rand Fishkin (@randfish), and Jill Whalen (@jillwhalen).
Want to make sure your company stays ahead of the SEO curve? It’s time to contact a forward-thinking SEO agency. Get a free SEO evaluation from Digital Current.