This week, learn the top reasons clients fire their SEO agencies, what content marketing KPIs you should track, how to boost a startup with influencers, and more.
How do you succeed as a digital marketer when Google is keeping mum about its algorithm updates? Digital Weekly is here to help you navigate this brave new world and offer the latest buzz from the world of digital marketing.
- “Today, we work in a post-update world.” Kristine Schachinger (@schachin) explains how SEO specialists can navigate a new world in which Google has become less likely to name or explain its algorithm changes.
- Don’t get caught on the chopping block. Check out these five reasons clients fire their SEO agency, as compiled by Clark Boyd (@clarkboyd).
- For true SEO buffs — the history of SEO, says John Lincoln (@johnelincoln), had three defining moments. Check out his top three SEO turning points and see if you agree.
- You know that headlines are critical if you want to earn more clicks and more shares. Buzzsumo analyzed over a million headlines to find out what makes some headlines better than others. Steve Rayson (@steverayson) explains.
- Mike Murray (@mikeonlinecoach) shares an extensive list of content marketing KPIs and how to choose which you should track for your business. Then, because this blog is nothing if not fair and balanced, Daniel Kochuli (@LogocracyCopy) fires back about a few of those metrics and why he thinks they are bad.
- You’ve probably repurposed a lot of blog posts, but are you squeezing every ounce of value from your video content? Ann Smarty (@seosmarty) has tips for repurposing video content.
- John Boitnott (@jboitnott) reminds us why product guides can be valuable conversion tools and why some product guides drive customers away instead of persuading them to stay.
Conversion Rate Optimization
- You’ve changed your fonts, optimized your button colors, and moved everything around based on heat mapping and it’s not making a big difference — now what? Try these seven uncommon conversion rate optimization tactics from Alexander Kesler (@alexanderkesler).
- Use influencer marketing to boost a startup — Anas Baig (@anasbaigDM) explains how.
- Kimberly de Silva (@biznessapps) says nearly half of consumers look for guidance from social media influencers, and she explains how small businesses can benefit — and stay within reasonable budget parameters — by working with micro-influencers.
Social Media Marketing
- Learn why location stickers and hashtags are essential to getting discovered on Instagram Stories, courtesy of Jenn Herman (@jenns_trends).
- Not sure what social media tools to use for your marketing? Sam Hurley (@Sam___Hurley) for Digital Current (@digitalcurrent) has you covered.
- Maybe your business has had a blog for a while, but you haven’t figured out how to create a social media marketing funnel that brings in traffic — and conversions. Cas McCullough (@casmccullough) has tips on how bloggers can build a social media funnel.
- And here’s a feel-good story: Facebook is training 2,000 Detroit residents to code and to engage in social media marketing to expand tech job opportunities in the Motor City. Roop Raj (@rooprajfox2) has the scoop.
…And a Little Something Extra
- Check out this e-commerce case study of a company that sells tickets to concerts and sporting events online — a company with three-fourths of its traffic originating on mobile — and see how AMP boosted their conversions.
- Some food for thought: Does Facebook have a responsibility for how its community is used, now that it’s passed over 2 billion users? Josh Constine (@joshconstine) thinks so, and he thinks that sense of responsibility is why Mark Zuckerberg has been on the road.
- What sets a great CMO apart from the average one? Find out by studying this comprehensive guide to the anatomy of a CMO from NGData (@ngdata_com)
Is your company struggling to get ahead in SEO and digital marketing? It’s time to contact an innovative SEO agency. Get a free SEO evaluation from Digital Current.